We are looking for an outstanding teacher who believes that all children can succeed, to join our team as year group leaders throughout the school due to one of our Year Group Leaders relocating out of the area.
The purpose of this role is to provide improvement for teaching and learning across the year group by leading and supporting a team of teachers. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced class teacher to take the next step in their career to gain valuable leadership experience.
De Lucy is an over-subscribed and successful school based in Abbey Wood, in the transition from two form entry to three form entry (currently up to Year 5).
Our last Ofsted report (February 2016) confirmed that calm, warm and respectful relationships are central to the school’s culture and that leadership is positive and ambitious.
We would welcome applications from prospective candidates who have:
- A track record of being an excellent practitioner, with a proven record of achieving high standards
- High expectations
- The ability to lead and work effectively as part of a team, acting as a positive role model
- A belief that all children can achieve success
- A commitment to continuous professional development;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- A commitment to working effectively with parents and the community
- A minimum of three years teaching experience
We can offer you:
- Collaborative working in a supportive and friendly environment
- Excellent resources to support teaching and learning
- High quality CPD linked to staff needs and improved outcomes for children
- An approachable and established leadership team
- Regular non-contact time
- The support and advice of a large inclusion team dedicated to meet the needs of all pupils
- A school with a wide variety of curriculum enrichment opportunities such as a purpose built cookery room and a school farm!
Visits to our inclusive and progressive school are highly recommended.
To request an application pack and to arrange a visit please contact Mrs A Moran School Business manager by email email@example.com
References will be requested for those shortlisted ONLY and prior to interview.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Visits: Please arrange these with our School Business Manager
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 23rd March 2018
Shortlisting: Friday 23rd March 2018 (pm)
Interviews: Tuesday 27th March and Wednesday 28th March 2018
Interviews will consist of a teaching observation in your current setting and a traditional interview at De Lucy.
De Lucy Primary School is committed to our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children as outlined in the Working Together to Safeguard Children at Risk (SCIE Report 39).
We are committed to recruiting candidates who share the commitment to safeguarding, and therefore we apply robust recruitment and selection procedures to ensure that the people selected are right for the job, and that all candidates are appropriately screened prior to appointment.