The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT) encompassing 5 secondary schools, 11 primary schools, a Teaching School, and School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider. Our schools are based in North Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield and North Warwickshire. A further secondary school and two primary schools have submitted applications to join ATLP during the next 12 months.
Grade I, Points 22-25, £27,041 - £29,577
37 hours per week all year round, Permanent
Required as soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a Year Leader to join our pastoral team in our journey to outstanding. You will be one of 5 Year Leaders and would join a well-established team, delivering excellent care, guidance and support. We operate a phased pastoral structure with a Head of Phase, a Phase Leader and additional roles to support each phase. This position will be for the Year Leader in charge of Year 7 initially, in Phase 1 (Years 7 and 8). Year Leaders move through the school with their year group.
This is a fantastic opportunity for leadership development in a school that has grown substantially over recent years and is on a journey of rapid improvement.
The successful applicant will:
• provide effective student support for approximately 220 students in a year group
• track student progress and achievement
• monitor and manage attendance and behaviour
• communicate with parents / carers
• liaise with teachers and tutors
• mentor students both individually and within groups
• be responsible for rewards and sanctions within the year
• be a high profile leader within the school
• lead on an additional area of whole school responsibility suited to your experience
• support the Attendance Manager in raising attendance for an individual year group
• act as a first aider on a rota basis
• become trained as a Designated Safeguarding Lead for ensuring high standards of safeguarding across the school
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent is an essential requirement of the role.
Closing date: Wednesday 15th September 2021
Interview Date: tbc
Please visit: www.thecoleshillschool.org for further information about our school or contact Yvonne Holder, Recruitment Manager via e-mail: email@example.com or 01675 432035.
We continue to adhere to the government’s social distancing guidelines and use a range of face to face and virtual platforms to conduct interviews and other activities where appropriate for the nature of the role. We continue to be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and robust safer recruitment practices remain in place.
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org only. Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible, as preliminary discussions may begin as soon as expressions of interest are received.
Please note we do not accept CV’s, application will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form.
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Post subject to Enhanced Disclosure Barring Service Disclosure. The ATLP is an equal opportunities employer.
Please find a link to our safeguarding policy, which we would encourage you to read prior to applying to work in our organisation https://atlp.org.uk/files/2021/03/ATLP-Overall-Safeguarding-Policy-2020-FINAL-3.pdf
The Coleshill School
Coleshill, Birmingham, Warwickshire
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years