Young Offenders Support Worker
Flexible start dates
Wakefield Specialist school settings and provisions
£70 - £85 per day - Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: at least 6 months relevant experience in the past few years
Vision for Education Huddersfield specialist SEND department are recruiting for a Young Offenders Support Worker to work with young people aged between 11 and 17 within a specialist school setting in Wakefield. This role is to support vulnerable young learners who are no longer in mainstream education (school based setting). The successful Young Offenders Support worker will be able to build relationships quickly and have a none judgemental mindset.
To be considered for this Young Offenders Support Worker position you must have some experience in dealing with challenging behaviours within a professional work setting. This role can be really challenging however it’s a very rewarding role for the right Support worker who wants to make a difference in young learner’s lives.
To be considered for the Young Offenders support worker worker role you must:
• Be able to adapt to certain situations that can arise.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Have Team Teach training or be willing to attend the FREE course held by Vision.
• Experience working with Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
Apply today via this website if you have a passion for helping young individuals who may be disadvantaged, or for more information about this role / the experience that is required, please contact our Huddersfield SEND team today at Vision for Education on 01484 642928 or email@example.com
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd