Vision for Education are recruiting for a Youth Offender Support Worker to work with young people aged between 11 and 17 who are receiving their education in Pupil Referral Unit settings across Manchester.
The role of a Youth Offender Support Worker is to support young people to access education, as they will often be very disengaged from school-life. This would be an amazing opportunity for somebody who wants to make a difference to young people's lives from the most deprived and backgrounds that in some cases have suffered major trauma.
The work of a Youth Offender Support Worker will require you to be based within a Pupil Referral Unit and offer guidance and support both in the classroom, and also with their social and emotional development. The working hours are 8:30am – 3:30pm Monday to Friday.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for the Youth Offender Support Worker position are:
A minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience working with young offenders, young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health issues or working within a residential home with looked after children, or a similar role.
To be considered for this role, you will:
• Be resilient
• Be able to demonstrate empathy
• Have a passion to change young people's lives for the better
• Have an understanding of Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues
• GCSE Grace C and above in Maths and English at a minimum
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer:
As a Youth Offender Support Worker and valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Youth Offender Support Worker who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester SEND team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd