Youth Worker – Education
Pay – £10-£11 per hour (32 hours per week)
Full Time, 08:30 – 15:30 Monday to Friday
Are you a current or an aspiring Youth Worker who wants to make a difference to the lives of Young People in the Leeds area within schools? If so, this would be the ideal role for you. The pupils that attend this school are some of the most vulnerable and disaffected in the region as well as the majority having Social, Emotional and Mental Health Issues, so the staff that work with them need to be fully committed and genuinely passionate about making a real difference to the lives of these young people. If you feel that you meet this criteria and the criteria below, then please do get in touch. This is an immediate start after the Easter Holidays.
Pay £10 - £11 per hour (32 hours per week)
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months minimum experience working with Children with Mental Health issues from deprived backgrounds with challenging behaviour. This is a temporary to permanent position meaning that you would spend the first 12 weeks on supply and then be offered a permanent contract after that.
The responsibilities of a Youth Worker at this school are as follows: supporting the class teacher to deliver work in accordance with the national curriculum, supporting the class teacher to manage behaviour, supporting pupils on a one-to-one basis, contributing to record keeping, liaising with parents and multidisciplinary teams and attending school trips/outings.
Pupil Referral Unit in East Leeds that caters for pupils aged between 7-16 that have been removed from mainstream education on a temporary or permanent basis due to their behaviour, mental health issues or for safeguarding issues.
To be considered for the Youth Worker - Schools position, you will:
• Have 6 months minimum experience working with young people with challenging behaviour either in a school or similar setting
• Be available Monday to Friday 08:30 – 15:30
• Be willing to attend a two day positive behaviour management course.
• Be physically fit and energetic.
• Be passionate about changing the lives of young people with Mental Health Issues
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are an experienced or aspiring teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our SEND Team on 0113 4265330
Vision for Education Ltd
- Supply agency