H5 - £20,344 - £22,462 plus £874 fringe. Actual starting salary £18,555.88 (inclusive of fringe) 37 hours per week, term time plus 2 weeks.
Note that the starting salary and working hours are negotiable, for a candidate with suitable qualifications and experience.
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2019.
We are seeking a Youth Worker to support the social development and educational outcomes of our students, particularly those who are at risk of becoming disengaged with society and education.
You will deliver youth work based projects and programmes, and will be supported in establishing stimulating and challenging new initiatives, in partnership with young people. You will work in group settings; in one-to-one settings with identified individuals, and with parents and other relevant stakeholders and organisations.
You will have the ability to quickly establish positive and credible relationships with diverse groups of young people, to respond flexibly to their needs and to the priorities of the school. You will act as an advocate of young people and their interests, within the school’s overarching pastoral and educational provision.
The successful candidate will gain invaluable school experience and be well placed to move onto a teacher training programme via our teacher training programme, if desired.
In return we can offer you:
• the opportunity to play a pivotal part in the pastoral provision of an organisation that fundamentally enhances the life chances of local children
• a financially secure school and Trust, with the money to underpin its work
• a brand new, multi-million pound professional working environment
• the opportunity to work with professional, committed and ambitious colleagues in a genuinely collaborative working environment
• a highly aspirant school, with engaged students
• outstanding career development opportunities
• Personalised professional development, considered best practice within Hertfordshire
• a comprehensive staff benefits package
Please contact the Trust’s HR Director, Harriet Muxlow, (email@example.com) for the recruitment pack and further information on the role, school and Trust. Informal discussions with the Principal, Mark Ellis, are welcome, as are visits to the school. You should call 01992 424200, extension 201.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am on Friday 19th July 2019.
Interviews will be held on w/b 22nd July 2019.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.