The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
St Francis Xavier Primary School, RUNAWAY BAY
Full-Time, Fixed Term Contract
Commencing June 3 – December 6 2019
St Francis Xavier Primary School currently promotes a Prep – 6 education. We have a very strong relationship with the Holy Family Parish. St Francis Xavier has grown with a student enrolment of 631 students and a staff of sixty-seven. The school offers a comprehensive curriculum with values centred on the Gospel teachings of Jesus where the uniqueness and dignity of the individual is paramount and respect and care for one another is an expectation. This is supported by a real life and inclusive approach to Religious Education and Spiritual Formation which seeks to develop within our students the values lived out by our patron saint St Francis Xavier. As a community, we are inspired by the tradition of our school motto “Let Your Light Shine” in all that we do.
St Francis Xavier Primary School seeks educators with a strong personal commitment to innovative, contemporary Catholic education, and a passion for working with children and young people in a P- 6 learning environment. We are looking for enthusiastic and innovative educators with the necessary qualifications and experience to contribute in an exemplary way to the learning environment at our school
Applicants must have:
• Queensland College of Teachers Registration
• Accreditation to Teach Religion in a Catholic School
• Had experience and enthusiasm for working in a Catholic Primary School setting.
On application please provide details and supporting documentation of:
• Current registration as a Teacher in Queensland
• Accreditation to teach Religious Education in a Catholic School
• Academic qualification
• Teaching experience (including year levels taught)
• Names of three referees
On application please provide personal supporting statements to verify a:
• A demonstrated willingness and ability to support the ethos of a Catholic School;
• Accreditation/eligibility to teach Religious Education in Catholic Schools
• Well-developed communication and organisational skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
• An ability to effectively integrate learning technology in the classroom.
• Skills to co-operatively plan learning programs with teaching colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with staff, parents and children
• Familiarity with the Australian curriculum and evidence of successful implementation.
Applications are via the Brisbane Catholic Education website:
Any questions regarding the position please email Kathy Fuller at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: Friday 26 April 2019 at 5pm
St Francis Xavier is located in Runaway Bay at the northern end of the Gold Coast with an approximate enrolment of 630 students. Our mission and our purpose is to provide high quality education within the framework of our Catholic tradition. Our primary focus is on our young learners but for them to achieve their potential they need staff and parents to journey with them in their learning. Our school motto, LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE challenges each one of us to strive for the best in all we do.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing June 3 2019
Employment Tenure: Full Time (Term-Time) + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Maternity Leave Replacement
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Kathy Fuller
Contact Telephone Number: 07 55372633
Contact Email: email@example.com
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Yr 5 Classroom Teacher Opens in new window