This scheme of learning (aimed at Year 7 or 8) focuses on Media, Art, Music and Drama. There are units of work for each of the disciplines which can be looked at in isolation, or as a whole unit and blended together. It is designed so that an expressive arts teacher can teach any of the disciplines. the Scheme of Learning is supported by a 35 slide powerpoint with YouTube links and attractive visuals.
Learning objectives for each subject area include:
• Analyse cover art & logo for Minecraft
• Creatively design a new logo for Minecraft
• Learn the type of content needed for a instructional leaflet
• Create an instructional leaflet/pamphlet/magazine cover/artwork
• Understand and be able to explain WHAT pixel art is
• Create (or re-create) their own piece of pixel art
• Listen to different Minecraft themes
• Analyse the music using MAD T SHIRTS
• Perform a Minecraft theme
• Watch a short clip from Minecraft and verbalise the type of music that would be playing
• Compose own Minecraft theme
• Rehearse the Minecraft Ending dialogue. Choose which section to rehearse.
• Add in FREEZE FRAMES, SYNCHRONISED MOVEMENT, FACIAL EXPRESSION, SLO-MO, SYMBOLISM
• Re-write your own version of the ending dialogue (devising)
• Creating a rap for the end narrative or a particular Minecraft character – imagine and research
This resource hasn't been reviewed yet
To ensure quality for our reviews, only customers who have purchased this resource can review it
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.