Blessed William Howard Catholic School
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
About Blessed William Howard Catholic School
Our school is a successful 11-18 Catholic High School with 839 on roll (110 in the Sixth Form). Blessed William Howard Catholic High School has been providing secondary education in the heart of Stafford for over 50 years.
We serve the Catholic community in a wide geographical area in the Archdiocese of Birmingham, stretching up to the village of Brewood on the edge of Wolverhampton, 13 miles to the south and up to the town of Stone, 8 miles to the north. Our admissions policy enables parents who want a faith education for their child to join our community.
Through the teachings of the Catholic Church and our vibrant liturgical life we open paths of discovery, helping children to understand themselves, others and how they may live fulfilled lives, making a positive difference through who and how they are. Our school offers a haven where all are welcome to flourish as individuals academically, socially, morally and spiritually.
The school became part of Holy Trinity Catholic Multi Academy Company in March 2016.
Mr Phil Smith
Values and Vision
Blessed William Howard presents itself as a community growing in faith and love together. It raises its students based on Christ’s teaching of love and respect, providing an educational experience that is supportive as well as challenging to give students the best grounding for further education possible.
We aim to provide:
- Academic development – where everyone has something to offer and gifts and talents to explore are recognised.
- Pastoral care through the quality of our relationships.
- Moral development encouraged by a common set of expectations, beliefs and witness.
- A concern for values, especially respect and equality.
- A supportive atmosphere which is mindful of the underprivileged and the poor in spirit.
- Spiritual development in a community which prays together.
"The school promotes students' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development well"
"The school has a strong atmosphere of respect and courtesy. All staff and students have a positive approach to relationships and appreciate the need to get on with each other."