Kent College Dubai
United Arab Emirates
About Kent College Dubai
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE STAND FOR
Welcome to Kent College Dubai, a school with many characteristics that ensure all our pupils enjoy a very special education, and the very best start in life. We opened our doors for the first time in August 2016, and have quickly established ourselves as a significant contributor to the education scene in Dubai.
Our pupils follow the British curriculum from the Early Years Foundation Stage in the kindergarten through to GCSE in Years 10 and 11 and A-levels in the Sixth form. As soon as possible we intend to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma as an alternative Sixth form programme. Music, Art, Drama and Technology all have a central place in the academic and wider curriculum, and we expect our pupils to get fully involved in performing, creating and innovating.
A special feature of Kent College Dubai is the individual attention given to each pupil. Small classes of no more than 20 pupils, a carefully-developed tutoring system and individualised learning pathways allow each pupil to be him or herself within the school community.
British independent schools are renowned for their success in developing young people’s confidence and life skills, and we are doing the same through an exciting variety of clubs, activities and sports, as well as the traditional house system to encourage a strong sense of loyalty and teamwork. The school is equipped with fine outdoor and indoor facilities including a double-sized sports hall, separate artificial hockey and rugby pitches and a six-lane swimming pool, so that we can nurture pupils’ enthusiasm and skills across the whole spectrum of sporting ability as well as other intellectual and creative areas.
Values and Vision
Kent College brings to Dubai a rich history of first-class education combined with a desire to educate the whole person. From its inception our pupils have played their part in a complete school, and benefit from the interactions and learning experiences that flow from being a member of a whole community.
Our aims and values:
- To maintain high educational standards in all academic, cultural and sporting activities, stimulating excitement in learning, curiosity, critical awareness and responsibility.
- To uphold human values in practice as well as in theory, in a spirit of openness and tolerance, and to nurture moral responsibilities and behaviour regardless of age or background.
- To encourage pupils in a critical examination of the standards and values current in society.
- To allow pupils to have an excellent understanding of how Islamic values influence contemporary society.
- To encourage pupils to respect and appreciate the heritage and culture of the UAE, which underpin and influence contemporary life in Dubai.
- To foster close co-operation between parents, students and staff, as well as fairness, trust and confidence in our dealings with one another.
- To inspire qualities of loyalty, leadership and support, and encourage tolerance and respect for others.
- To make a contribution to the local community in a variety of ways.
Kent College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and police and criminal records. All employees resident in the UAE are subject to the laws of the United Arab Emirates and the regulations of the Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA).
'Thank you to all at Kent College for giving our daughter so many wonderful opportunities and experiences. Kent College is such a warm and friendly school and the children are all extremely happy there.'- Year 3 parent
'Kent College has been such a wonderful school for my children. I appreciate all the support we receive. This school has so far lived up to all my expectations. Thank you to all the hard working staff.'- Year 10 parent
‘We left the school after our visit with a sense that an already rich and vibrant school so early in its life has the makings of a very special one for the Emirates in the years to come. This is a school with a definite “wow!” factor – not simply because of the facilities, as exciting as they are, but, much more importantly, because of the dynamic and inspirational working together of the school, its faculty and the children they serve. Highly recommended.’- www.schoolscompared.com