Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
About Northampton Academy
Our academy is transformational for young people and was judged 'Good' in all areas in January 2013. Since we opened as an academy, results have increased dramatically, a testimony to the sheer hard work and determination demonstrated by students and staff alike. Our value-added is exceptionally high because we challenge and inspire all students to achieve maximum progress.
Furthermore, Northampton Academy has been recognised as one of the top 20% of schools and academies nationally based on our Key Stage 4 value-added score. We are also a Leading Edge school.
Our motto is ‘the best in everyone’ and we aim to provide our students with the best opportunities to achieve the academic qualifications and skills to progress to University or the career of their choice. We want our students to realise their potential. Last year 89% of Year 13 students progressed to University; our best ever results. We are confident that this upward trend will continue.
This is a unique opportunity to work with us at Northampton Academy. We serve the needs of our 1450 students, their families and the local community as a successful, vibrant, welcoming and inclusive 11-18 academy. Although we are oversubscribed, we are non-selective.
We will offer:
- An exciting role in a successful oversubscribed academy;
- An opportunity to make a difference in the community;
- A personal induction programme;
- Ongoing professional training and development as well as networking opportunities throughout the group of Academies and United Learning;
- A competitive salary, an on-site fitness centre, a bespoke personal development package and a flexible benefit scheme.
Due to the rapid expansion of our sixth-form we are advertising for the following posts below.