St James' Church of England Primary School
Southwark, United Kingdom
About St James' Church of England Primary School
We are a Church of England primary school for girls and boys between the ages of 4 and 11 years.
By working together in partnership with parents, the staff and governors aim to provide a happy, caring and effective learning environment, where expectations and standards are high and children achieve their best in terms of learning, creativity and behaviour. We aim to provide a setting that is calm and settled where children understand clearly what is expected of them.
The School’s aims
The character and ethos of our school is extremely important in shaping the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of our pupils. We believe that through our excellent relationships with parents/carers we can work together to establish a school community where values are clearly understood and shared.
We are concerned that all our pupils will:
• Be able to take responsibility for their actions.
• Know the difference between right and wrong.
• Be honest, fair and truthful.
We expect the children to be confident human beings, capable of taking initiatives and persevering in the face of difficulty and to have:
• A positive attitude to learning.
• Good relationships with each other and staff.
• Respect for the feelings of others.
• Respect for the right of others to hold beliefs different from their own.
• Respect for their own and others' property.