St Mark's CE Primary School
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
About St Mark's CE Primary School
St. Mark’s Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School is set in a most beautiful woodland area on the borders of Bournemouth and Poole. The site is owned and managed by the Talbot Trust. The school was built in 1862 as part of an ambitious and far-sighted project, which culminated in the building of a model village. It is in a secluded and peaceful environment with spacious playing fields, grass and hard play areas. The school buildings have been enlarged recently and now include 14 classrooms, four small teaching rooms, nurture room, well-equipped hall, library, music room, ICT suite and an indoor heated swimming pool. We have a swimming instructor, a swimming assistant, two computer and audio visual assistants making this a full time role and a teaching assistant working with every class for some time of each day. Our school has 420 pupils. For September 2011 the school has recently been through a consultation process within the local authority to increase our numbers by 30 pupils. The Governors view is that this should only happen if it is a permanent planned, fully resourced and financed expansion.
A strong Governing Body and Parent School Association support the school, as does the Talbot Village Trust and the parish Church of St Mark’s, Talbot Village. The principles of a Church School are reflected not only in Religious Education and daily worship, but also by applying Christian standards to all aspects of the life and work of the School. The close association with the church provides opportunities for maintaining contact with the local Christian and wider community.