The Williamson Trust
Medway, United Kingdom
About The Williamson Trust
About The Williamson Trust
“Aspire, Achieve, Excel”
The Williamson Trust exists to promote outstanding educational experiences that inspire all learners to set their sights high, achieve to the best of their abilities, and excel in all that they do in order to prepare them to live and work as happy, successful and active citizens.
Five expectationsunderpin all that we do:
• All pupils will attend an outstanding school, or one that is on a clear trajectory to outstanding as a result of leadership that is rigorous and relentless in the pursuit of the very highest standards;
• All pupils will be supported in making better than expected progress in their learning as a result of teaching that is consistently good and often outstanding and an engaging, challenging curriculum and co-curriculum that meets and anticipates their needs;
• All pupils will learn in an environment that is safe, orderly and that supports their social, moral and spiritual development;
• All staff will engage in exceptional professional development opportunities, underpinned by robust appraisal systems, expert coaching and access to research;
• All schools will be supported by efficient financial, HR and ICT systems.
All members of our family of schools passionately believe that there is no ceiling to achievementand we work tirelessly to secure outstanding outcomes for each and every pupil. We allaccept that we share responsibility for the achievement of all children no matter which Trust school they attend, and that by working in partnership to build capacity and share expertise, we can guarantee that all children achieve outstanding outcomes relative to their starting points.
Through a relentless focus on the quality of teaching, pupil progress and leadership, we aim to ensure that all children in Trust schools enjoy their learning, develop 21st century life and work skills and achieve beyond their expectations, and that all staff feel well supported, with planned opportunities to develop their pedagogical skills and career profile.
The Trust offers exceptional opportunities for professional development through joint working across schools and through wider involvement with the Medway Teaching School Alliance, which is based at Sir Joseph Williamson’s Mathematical School, the lead school in the Trust.
In order to support all Trust schools in achieving their ambitious targets, leaders work together to secure:
• High quality teaching resulting in outstanding outcomes
• Outstanding leadership that brings out the best in everyone
• Exceptional behaviour systems which ensure good manners and respect for each individual
• An agreed monitoring and evaluation framework that keeps all aspects of the schools under constant review
• Efficient systems and procedures that allow schools to concentrate on their core purpose
• Centralised continuous/ joint professional development opportunities that develop future leaders and allow all to deliver to the best of their ability
• A commitment to research engagement so that our practice always draws on the best available knowledge of what works
• Outstanding risk management policies and procedures that keep staff and pupils safe
• Effective relationships with parents that develop a sense of belonging and pride in Trust schools
You can find full details of all our partner schools at:
And you can find details of our work as a National Teaching School at:
We invite you to visit us to see all of this in action and we hope that you will be inspired to join us and share the next phase of our exciting journey with us.