Admissions Manager, Lucton School Shanghai
Required to take up this position as early as possible, Lucton School Shanghai is opening in September 2018.
Lucton School Shanghai is a co-educational 100% boarding school for 300 students aged between 15 and 18. All classes are taught in English. Students arrive after a rigorous entry test and interview to take up a one year IGCSE course, followed by the first year of an A level course. They then transfer to the 300 year old Lucton School UK for their final A level year and placement at top Universities in the UK, USA and other destinations.
Lucton School Shanghai is situated in Pudong New District, close to the Pudong International Airport and is purpose built to open in September 2018. All students have single rooms; there is an extensive co-curricular programme and a super curriculum providing academic enrichment. There is teaching on Saturday and a full weekend programme.
You will be:
- be in tune with the school’s aims and ethos
- be a successful professional in communications, customer care and people leadership
- be confident to approach individuals and gather and retain large amounts of information in a friendly manner
- be a highly credible ambassador for the school
- be able to work effectively with young and old, bringing about change with vigour, good humour and tact
- be able to accept, and adapt to, the very diverse and carrying demands of the role with the ability not to be fazed when tasks are interrupted by the need to change priorities
- be able to motivate, guide, mentor and train everyone who contributes to the Admissions function
This important position attracts:
- A competitive salary and benefits including:
- Flat provided free of charge
- Flight allowance of £1,000 per year
- Desirable, but not essential, you will have experience in an educational background and familiar with the independent sector.
- Experience in customer relationship management and possibly international experience.
- You will be educated to degree level.
- Outstanding communicator, able to work independently.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Excellent use of English, first class proof-reading ability, meticulous with details.
- Discretion and adherence to confidentiality.
- Relationship building skills, ability to put people at ease.
- Motivate those who work with you.
- Proactive approach to work and calm at all times.
- Demonstrate empathy with students and parents.
- Up-to-date general knowledge of educational trends.
- Demonstrate understanding of accurate information about league tables, competitors, universities etc.