An Exciting Opportunity to Join an Innovative Academy
Manchester Communication Academy is looking for a talented, ambitious and experienced Area Leader for Inclusion including SENDCo.
The academy represents a significant investment in our community and it is important that we recruit the right people to work here. The key qualities we seek are those that demonstrate vision, imagination, creativity and a commitment to inclusive education and community cohesion. Above all you must like young people and be passionate about improving their life chances.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join an Academy that values staff well-being and development. We offer the following:
- Teachers teach in both break out areas and flexible learning bases where they can learn from one another through team teaching, coaching and mentoring.
- Teaching staff have two, two-hour planning sessions per week to collaboratively plan with colleagues.
- Excellent career progression routes through a talent management strategy for those who are ambitious and keen to develop.
- We have a half day on a Friday with an hour's training from 1 to 2pm with a variety of teaching and learning communities to participate in.
- A staff well-being group who meet regularly to discuss workload and work-life balance and organise wellbeing and social events.
- Staff can take one 'flexi day' holiday per year.
Your supporting statement should be no more than 2 side of A4, font size 11 and should reference you meet the criteria on the Job Description/Person Specification.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 8th February and interviews will be held w/c 12th February. Please feel free to contact us if you would like to visit the academy prior to submitting your application.
Manchester Communication Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure for a Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.