Loretto School, Scotland’s oldest boarding school is a leading co-educational school located on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Loretto’s distinctive ethos and atmosphere are moulded by its unusual history and its willingness to stand by its convictions. Loretto School remains primarily a boarding school, with an increasing number of day and flexi boarding pupils. Our boarding school ethos,
facilities and atmosphere allow the development of the whole person to be pursued fully.
- 2 days per week; term time plus occasional extra days as required by the School by arrangement.
Scope of Role
- The role is to oversee all aspects of HR in both Junior and Senior Schools.
- The role will provide an enabling business support role.
- The role may be specialist or generalist in nature and include providing HR employment advice.
- The individual will have a role on the Senior Management Team working on School objectives.
Purpose of Role
- Provide an excellent HR Service and employment law advice for the Senior Management and Governors.
- Responsible for leading HR function; bringing evidence-based practice and advice into the organisation and provide advice on HR matters for all staff.
- Support organisation effectiveness and compliance by developing and implementing HR solutions aligned to the School’s strategy.
- Provide expert input across a range of HR issues (generalist / specialist expertise) andemployment issues.
- Oversee safe recruitment processes.
- Ensure employment contracts are up to date.
- Ensure HR and employment policies are regularly reviewed, they are up to date with current legal requirements and that there is evidence that they are implemented correctly.
- Provide advice in employment disputes, grievances and disciplinary procedures.
- Contribute to, and where accountable define policies and processes that support the School / People strategy and objectives.
- Understand HR procedures and policies, engaging with Senior Management effectively to ensure consistency of their use across the organisation.
- Provide training to staff on HR policies and procedures.
- Build frameworks to plan and manage the continuous process of change in people strategy including dependencies, risk, potential scenarios ad options to mitigate.
Please complete the application form on our website and return it for the attention of Stephen Howard, Bursar Loretto School email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The post is subject to a PVG Disclosure check. Closing date Wednesday 6th December.
- The successful candidate will be educated to degree level and is likely to have a legal training or have worked an HR qualification.
- Flexibility to work longer hours when required
- Relevant qualification
- Proven experience in HR
- Senior Legal experience in Employment Law or an experienced HR Professional who has spent some time practising in the Private Sector
- In depth knowledge of HR principles, methods and best practices and
- Analytical mind
- Excellent communication and consulting skills
- Proven IT skills