This is not a job for the faint hearted as we drive towards becoming an 'Outstanding' school.
Aylesbury Vale Academy Primary Phase is part of an all-through Academy from Nursery to Sixth Form and are over-subscribed in every primary year group. We are a highly supportive school with strong leadership to help you develop. We are looking for a highly ambitious, committed and dynamic professional to join our primary who is passionate about primary education, communicates well with children and can make a positive impact on their learning. We aim to inspire our pupils and our distinctive, story-telling curriculum and focus on creativity enables our pupils to make very good progress.
We are looking for an inspirational teacher. You will be responsible for ensuring that the curriculum is challenging and engaging and helps our pupils make excellent progress towards year group expectations and transition towards the next key stage. The job would suit either an NQT or a more experienced teacher. You should have recent experience of teaching or training in the primary sector (with a Key Stage 2 focus) and may have experience of other key stages.
We will offer you:
- High levels of mentoring and support for newly qualified teachers and those in the early stages of their career
- Opportunities to develop pedagogy and leadership skills by working closely with colleagues and school leaders on the continuing growth and development of the school; by cross-phase working with the secondary school and by partnership working with other local schools
- A commitment to professional development and scope for career progression as the school grows and as new roles emerge
- A pleasant working environment with high quality resources and well planned provision, working within a supportive and collaborative team
- 5 minute walk to a direct rail link to London Marylebone (40 minutes)
- State of the art gym available for staff use
- Discounted nursery provision for staff
The Academy is at an exciting stage of development with an experienced Principal. In Ofsted's visit in January 2019, the school was judged 'Good' in all areas for the first time in the academy's history.
Quotations from the recent Ofsted visit January 2019:
- "Outcomes have improved because of strong subject leadership".
- "There is an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect across the school. Pupils' conduct is calm and orderly".
- "Staff morale is high. They believe that leaders and governors take staff members' well-being and workload into account and they feel well supported by the school".
- "Staff new to the school feel very well supported by their more experienced colleagues and the packages of training and support on offer".
- "Comprehensive induction and training programmes offered by senior leaders and the link adviser ensure that they very quickly establish themselves in their posts".
- "Pupils show a well-developed understanding and tolerance for others who are different from them. Tolerance and diversity are promoted well at Aylesbury Vale Academy".
The school is improving at a rapid pace and this is a career defining opportunity for those who can play a pivotal role in enhancing the life chances of children and young people. The Academy, sponsored by the Diocese of Oxford, moved into new purpose built accommodation in September 2013 and is benefiting from state of the art facilities and teaching. Situated on the new Berryfields housing development, the Academy is set to increase its roll in the next few years. There are currently 1620 students on roll including almost 500 in the primary phase.
If you are a creative and reflective practitioner, with high expectations for children's achievement, if you believe in working together to make a real difference for the next generation, if you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of something special, then we would love to meet you and find out more about you.
Our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children will be reflected throughout the recruitment process and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check
Please contact the Headteacher, Caroline Baughan for more information on email email@example.com Telephone 01296 674263 or click on the 'Apply Now' button.
The Aylesbury Vale Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
The Aylesbury Vale Academy is a co-educational, Church of England, all-through school in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire. The school comprises of a primary, a secondary schools and a Sixth Form in a single building. There are around 1500 students aged 2...