Clay Hill School, Clay Hill, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7DE
Hours: 37.5 per week - term time only
We are looking for a Learning Support Assistant in Lyndhurst with the passion, enthusiasm and drive to support our young people in achieving their potential.
At Clay Hill School, Lyndhurst, you will be part of a dedicated and lively team that focuses strongly on the core areas of education, independence and inclusion.
As a Learning Support Assistant, you will work with class teachers to provide support for young people aged 7 to 19 with complex needs, some of whom may also be on the autistic spectrum. This will be through various subjects and using different communication and engagement techniques.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience working with children and young people
- Have passion, enthusiasm and excellent communications skills
- Have high levels of self-motivation
- Be able to show patience and understanding in difficult situations
- Be a positive role model who believes in helping our young people flourish.
We'll give you
- An employer who shares the passion for supporting young people meet their full potential
- A team who care and listen
- A safe and fun working environment
- Commitment to developing you and your career
- A competitive salary and annual leave entitlement.
- Priory Perks reward and discount scheme
- Comprehensive induction
- Pension scheme
- We cover the cost of your enhanced disclosure check
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Commitment to your ongoing training and career progression
- Employee recognition scheme.
Become your best you, apply today!
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
Clay Hill School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 19 years
Clay Hill School is an independent, specialist day school for young people with Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC), Attachment Disorder and associated complex needs. We provide education for up to 42 young people aged 5 to 19 years