A simple, fun, interactive game for young learners. It accompanies my free e-book "Leo' s birthday in the jungle" which you can find at: https://www.storyjumper.com/book/index/43007296/598791a81d842
Leo is a lion that lives in the jungle with his friends: Hippo, Monkey, Giraffe, Parrot, Elephant, Zebra and Tiger. It’s Leo’ s birthday today and his friends are giving him their presents...
• Have your class play the game in teams or have individual learners play against each other in turns.
• Ask the learners to click on the trees in order to find the hidden presents (there are 7 presents in all). There is a 15-sec timer in the game to find out which learner/team can find the most presents before the time is up! Or you can ignore the timer and set a maximum limit of - let’s say – ten clicks before you let someone else try (there are 19 trees in all).
• When all seven presents have been found, you can ask the learners to guess which animal has given Leo each present (Zebra gives him a ball, Hippo a daisy, Monkey a banana, Giraffe a kiss, Parrot a carrot, Elephant a hug, and Tiger a yo-yo).
• You can play another round to see if the learners can actually remember where each present was hidden. Alternatively, you can ask them to find specific presents, e.g. “Find the carrot!”
• You can also give points for each correct answer, if you like, and make the game more competitive.
• To extend the activity, you can ask the learners to say which present they think Leo liked the most and why and which is their favorite birthday present. Ask them what are some of the presents that kids (who have no money of their own) can offer on birthdays.
• The ppt file is also available for you to download in case you wish to use the same game but with different hidden objects.