The academy is delighted to advertise the post of Teacher of French to complement our existing department. We are therefore seeking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and influential Teacher of French to teach across Key Stages 3 and 4 for a September 2021 start date. This is an exciting time to join the academy following our recent Ofsted ‘Good’ grading.
We will only consider candidates who can positively contribute in our journey to become an ‘outstanding’ school. We are looking for experienced applicants who are able evidence a strong track record of student success or newly qualified teachers who have the potential to make a significant impact on the lives and education of the children they teach. This will need to be demonstrated in your application and be clearly evident at interview.
What we can offer you:
• An academy making rapid improvement.
• Excellent facilities and resources.
• Access to an outstanding professional development programme.
• A chance to become part of one of the largest groups of academies in the country.
• Caring, dedicated and friendly students who want to learn and fulfil their potential.
• Colleagues who are supportive, friendly and who are committed to each other’s professional development.
• Opportunities to be creative and to inspire your students.
In return, we are looking for:
• A ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ experienced teacher or a less experienced teacher with the potential to be consistently ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’ within a short timeframe.
• Someone who shares our moral purpose of ensuring that all of our young people receive the best education possible in a supportive environment from people who care about them.
• A French specialist who is passionate about their subject, who will inspire our students to be so as well.
If you possess these qualities and share the Academy’s vision, then we will be delighted to hear from you. Applications are welcomed from both experienced teachers, NQT’s and those individuals who are due to complete their teaching training year by September 2021. We are also able to offer a relocation package for those applicants looking to relocate. Please see the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
Sheffield Springs Academy is part of United Learning, a large and growing, group of schools aiming to offer a life changing education to children and young people across England.
Our schools work as a team and achieve more by sharing than any single school could. Our subject specialists, our Group-wide intranet, our own curriculum and our online learning portal all help us share knowledge and resource, helping to simplify work processes and manage workloads for an improved work-life balance.
As a Group we can reward our staff better with good career opportunities, better pay, benefits and ultimately, the satisfaction of helping children to succeed. We invest in our staff wellbeing. Our academies each have at least eight INSET days per year (with three of those solely dedicated to planning) and an ongoing group-wide wellbeing programme. It's an ethos we call ‘the best in everyone’.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply’ button to complete our online application form.
Sheffield Springs Academy is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the academy before applying, to arrange a visit please contact on the details below.
Please apply online by clicking on the following link: https://unitedlearning.current-vacancies.com/Jobs/Advert/2192451?cid=1567&rsid=0&js=0&LinkType=1&FromSearch=False
Where teaching is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.
Sheffield Springs Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years