This resource contains a 45 slide, SIMPLE TEXT, fully editable and informative assembly/lesson PowerPoint on Halloween and a 50-question interactive PowerPoint Quiz.
Halloween PowerPoint Lesson / Assembly
The PowerPoint makes reference to:
1. The Origins of Halloween - All Hallows' Day, All Souls' Day and the rituals, traditions and customs surrounding these feasts.
2. The Origins of the Jack O' Lantern
3. The Origins of Trick-or-Treat
4. The Origins of Apple Bobbing
The PowerPoint illustrates how, over time, Samhain, All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day have merged to create the Halloween we know today. It ends with some questions to promote discussion.
The PowerPoint contains hyperlinks to Greenwich Village Halloween Parade in New York City - the world's largest Halloween parade and a link to a short video of the history of Halloween.
This resource contains an interactive and colourful 50 question PowerPoint quiz on Halloween and all things spooky! Ideal for use with a tutor group or for an assembly during Halloween. Can you spot the trick question?
There are 3 multiple choice answers. The quiz can be administered in a variety of ways - to individuals or teams. Answers can be given either as you go through the quiz or at the end. An answer sheet is provided to record answers.
1. What date is Halloween celebrated on?
2. What do pumpkins grow on?
3. What did Michael Jackson turn into at the end of the Thriller video?
4. In Scotland, what vegetable was traditionally carved into a jack-o-lantern?
5. Why did people put lanterns outside of their homes?
6. What is the name given to a ghostly light seen by travellers at night, especially over bogs,
swamps or marshes?
7. What is the name for the fear of Halloween?
8. How did Dorothy get rid of the Wicked Witch of the West?
9. What does a real-life vampire bat live on?
10 . In Harry Potter when does Remus Lupin become a werewolf?
For more inspiring educational resources visit Inspire and Educate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this 'must have' step by step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow!