Head Of Secondary School
Post Commences - August 2021
We at Al Jazeera Academy seek an enthusiastic, energetic and ambitious Head for our Secondary School who is committed to the highest standards of Education and who can demonstrate leadership and management skills compatible with our School’s vision, mission and values.
The Head of Secondary will be responsible to bring the breadth of perspective required to contribute to our students’ full education journey from their transition into secondary school to their preparations for leaving school, for managing all Secondary staff, programme/curriculum content and assessment in the Secondary department and will also support in the academic management of the school.
It is an opportunity to consolidate your credentials as a talent to watch within Secondary leadership whilst working alongside our talented team of Secondary Subject Heads and with the support of an established SMT team.
Al Jazeera Academy is a member of the Ta'allum Group of Schools. Ta'allum Group is a growing and successful organisation consisting of 3 partner schools. Due to oversubscription there are plans to open 2 new Academies in Doha in the near future.
We welcome applications from exceptional professionals with the right blend of experience, creativity, organisation, passion and flair.
Al Jazeera Academy
PO Box 22250, Doha, Qatar
Qualifications & Experience:-
• Bachelor Degree in Education or Teaching Subject from a recognized University (From the UK preferred)
• Teaching License from one of the following Countries: (UK, US, CA, AU, NZ, ZA)
• Minimum 5 Years of prior Experience as Head of Secondary in an International School
. NPQH and or similar certification
Salary and benefits package:
• Competitive Tax free salary, depending upon qualifications & experience
• Two Bedroom Fully Furnished Apartment with paid utilities
• Joining/repatriation ticket, Yearly annual return ticket, medical insurance, visa and residency for self and two nominated dependents
• Private medical insurance for self and three nominated dependents
• Free Schooling at Ta’allum Group Schools - 100% discount on tuition, registration and exam fees
End of Service Benefit Gratuity of 21 days of basic salary as per Qatar Labor law
Notarized and Attested academic degrees, teaching certificates, transcripts, marriage and dependent birth certificates. You will be advised of school requirements.
The selected applicant will be required to provide criminal records check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) before employment is confirmed. Candidates from outside the authority of the DBS will be required to provide an approved Certificate from the similar authority in the Country in which he/she is currently residing.
Please send the following to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Detailed up to date CV
• Job Application Form
Al Jazeera Academy
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Al Jazeera Academy - A Unique Cultural Experience
Al Jazeera Academy provides a wonderful experience for prospective staff to work and grow in a unique cultural setting. Our students are mostly native Qatari, well motivated, courteous and a ple...