This is a fast paced broken down lesson that is aimed at students for grades 3 - 9. This lesson covers the objectives:
I can describe what is meant by kinetic energy and how to calculate it.
I can calculate kinetic energy in exam style questions and in a practical situation.
I can re-arrange equations and apply ideas about kinetic energy to objects that move.
- The lesson has a jigsaw to start the lesson off to help students absorb key ideas.
- This gets copied in books after students have completed and lesson Objectives have been introduced.
- Has information to introduce students to what kinetic energy is.
- Modelling how to answer a question. (metacognition aspect).
- White board activity to assess students (individual and group).
- Practical. Students apply and use ideas learnt.
- true or false to score them and assess.
- Score is then directing students to different parts of a differentiated resource. Has a support sheet.
- Answer sheet - students to correct in green.