This eBook of 10 teaching activities covers key National Curriculum objectives for KS1 maths such as:
- To identify one more an done less than a given number
- To add and subtract one-digit and two-digit numbers to 20, including zero
- To represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
- To identify and represent numbers using objects and pictoral representations and use the language of: equal to, more than, less than (fewer), most, least
- To recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit number (tens, ones)
- and more…
Each activity is based on using ‘Busy Boats’ which are included in every eBook. Busy Boats is a boat template for cutting out that can be folded in half and have the ‘people inserts’ slotted inside to peep out of the peep holes. The templates also include a set of digit cards that be put into the peep holes too.