This resource contains a fully editable and interactive 80-slide PowerPoint lesson to support the delivery of the Year 2 Addition and Subtraction - Autumn Term - Block 2 White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. This PowerPoint is for Week 3.
The PowerPoint contains tasks and activities (pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks.
The PowerPoint focuses on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths’ National Curriculum Objectives
- Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20 fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100.
- Add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and ones; a two-digit number and tens; two two-digit numbers; adding three one-digit numbers.
- Solve problems with addition and subtraction: using concrete objects and pictorial representations, including those involving numbers, quantities and measures; applying their increasing knowledge of mental and written methods.
White Rose Small Steps
- Add a 2-digit and 1-digit number – crossing ten
- Subtract a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number
- crossing ten
- Add two 2-digit numbers – not crossing ten – add ones and add tens
If you buy this resource and are pleased with your purchase, I would be extremely grateful if you could leave a review. As a token of appreciation, you can have a free resource of your choice up to the same value as your purchased resource. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org with your user name, the resource you have reviewed and the resource you would like for free.
You may also be interested in an accompanying 21-page workbook and progress check which can be used alongside the PowerPoint.
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide: