This product relates to learning the alphabet names and sounds and upper and lower cases letters.
Learning objectives are to develop children’s knowledge of upper and lower letters of the alphabet and begin to learn alphabetical order.
- Flexible detailed Lesson Plan includes lesson starter, main lesson and whole class activities and plenary.
- PowerPoint Presentation on the alphabet (letters float in as you click through the slides)
- Upper and lower case alphabet flash cards to be laminated and cut apart
- Editable flash cards
- Washing line alphabet activity
- Missing letters gap-filling alphabet strips (upper and lower case letters)
- Blank alphabet strips
- Upper and lower case letters to be cut out for extra activities
Children are introduced to capital/upper and lower case letters, recite the alphabet, to know that the capital A and the lower case a have the same sound.
Washing line activity - questions marks are placed where there should be either a capital letter or a lower case letter. Children are given a selection of laminated letters and have to decide whether the letter they are holding should go where the question mark is.
Reinforcement of what the children have learnt: There is a selection of alphabet gap-filling strips from easy to challenging.
Cut out the gap-filling alphabet strips and stick into workbooks; and/or
Laminate for continuous use
There are 26 upper and lower letters for the children to cut out each time you focus on a letter. The children draw or stick pictures around the letter that begin with the same letter sound.
Whole lesson contained in a zip file - just right click and open and you will see the folder.
Thank you for visiting my shop:-)