Lesson 5 of the scheme - Exogenous and Endogenous factors with make up Kesgrave made for AQA Changing places unit - this could be adapted for local areas or use as a case study:
Key idea 2.4
How has Kesgrave changed?
Using cartographic maps to identify changes to the “place” and how exogenous and endogenous factors have influenced.
- Review of Doreen Massey’s work
- Introduce what Exogenous and Endogenous factors are and how they construct a place.
- Concept mapping between the factors and how they impact.
- Worked examples of Exogenous factors + place construction.
- Local study - using different maps how has the place changed over time.
PowerPoint - Lesson - Worksheets.