This resource contains a fully editable and interactive, 50 question PowerPoint quiz on Black History Month (African-American Month) celebrated in the UK in October and the USA in February. There are 3 multiple choice answers. An answer sheet is provided to record answers.
1. Where can most black Americans trace back their original roots to?
2. What was the name of the operation that helped slaves escape to the North of America during
3. Who refused to give up her seat at the front of the of a bus to a white passenger?
4. Which British Member of Parliament, led the anti-slavery movement in the UK?
5. What was the name of the anti-slavery book written by American author, Harriet Beecher
6. Which US president signed the ‘Emancipation Proclamation’ which allowed slaves to go free?
There are picture questions on famous African-Americans.
More Black History Month Resources
This resource is a fully editable and informative 87 slide powerpoint presentation on Black History Month. It contains references to
- The History of Black History Month
- The Slave Trade
- The Abolition of Slavery
- The Civil Rights Movement
- Influential people in civil rights movement - Rosa Parks Harriet Tubman, Martin Luther
King, Nelson Mandela
- Significant events - The Great March on Washington, salute at 1968 Olympics, Civil War
- The debate about ‘Black History Month’
It also contains hyperlinks to Bob Marley’s ‘Buffalo Soldiers,’ Martin Luther’s ‘I have a dream’ speech, Nelson Mandela’s story and interview with Morgan Freeman explaining why he does not want a Black History Month.
A SIMPLE TEXT version, more suitable for younger / SEN pupils is also available.
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this step-by-step guide.
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow.