These resources are designed to monitor and assess students knowledge and understanding of the structure and function of both the skeletal (Learning aim a) and muscular system (learning aim b). The detailed test covers the following specification topics:
A1 Structure of skeletal system
A2 Function of skeletal system
B1 Characteristics and functions of different types of muscles
B2 Major skeletal muscles of the muscular system
B3 Antagonistic muscle pairs
B4 Types of skeletal muscle contraction
B5 Fibre types
B6 Responses of the muscular system to a single sport or exercise session
B7 Adaptations of the muscular system to exercise
B8 Additional factors affecting the muscular system
Documents included are as follows:
- 77 mark question paper including a range of questions: multiple choice, labelling a picture(s), complete table questions, short answer and extended 6 and 8 mark questions.
- Corresponding detailed mark scheme with challenging grade boundaries already calculated you for you.
- Student diagnostic student feedback sheet that they complete after the test with a step by step guide on how to improve their application.
- Edexcel class tracking and monitoring spreadsheet to look at class trends
- PPT used for my class with whole class feedback, common errors made and steps on how to improve their application
- 9 mark extended muscle fibre type question
I hope your find these resources useful and that you save you time!