Cells and the Cell Theory fully editable and Complete 5E Unit. This 5E unit is larger and more encompassing as it looks at the Cell Theory as well as the basic structure (organelles) and function of cells.
Check out Teach Science With Fergy for my personal blog on teaching ideas and more resources.
By the end of this 5E lesson, students will:
• Be introduced to the cell theory
• Discover how the cell theory was developed
• Learn about the scientists responsible for creating the cell theory
• Learn about the structure and function of cells including their organelles
• Discover the differences between animal and plant cells
How does the 5E model facilitate learning?
• It emphasizes inquiry, critical thinking, and the process of science
• Its success is backed by countless scientific studies that demonstrate its effectiveness
• It’s built around the idea that humans construct knowledge and meaning from their learning experiences. That they build upon their prior knowledge and to be effective, learning needs to be active and allow the participants to construct new knowledge from their experiences
- video activity
- Lab Station Activity
- PowerPoint Lesson
- 2 Scavenger Hunt Acitivities
- A quiz