Hi Fellow Teacher
*A book to launch your Chocolate Learning journey could be with you soon… *
Here’s what’s included with CHOC From POD to TUM by Rupert Vincent and Manu Grinon
- Super interactive text and illustrations to get children talking and building new vocab.
- The ever present Chocolate Monster for your class to enjoy
- Knowledge of the Cacao tree, pod and beans
- A refection point on how hard farmers work
- The 12 steps of the Chocolate making process
- Perfect time to explore and taste real chocolate so that children gain more descriptive language through their senses
- A Brownie recipe to go with the animated 'Let’s Make Brownies video (see free resources); a great cooking activity and an opportunity to write some instructions from hands-on experience
- The Chocolate Song; to simply have fun singing a new catchy song as well helping remember the chocolate making process (Tune is Chick Chick Chicken)
- Talking points about healthier eating choices especially sugar (Cacao has some nutritious properties like magnesium)
- Sprinkling of Spanish words; a great spark/link to any foreign language learning
- Imaginative hands on activities ideas page to get the creative juices flowing…
BONUS 1 - Hopefully you have already downloaded the free Project Pack; fluff-free, simple to use resources to kickstart your Chocolate Project / Topic
BONUS 2 - A mini bar of chocolate (Milk, dark or white; you choose) to get you in the mood…(sorry, UK only)
So go ahead and get your copy and let’s go, Vamos!
PS You may be wondering, why get a book from us? Good question.
After 2 decades at the ‘ Chalkface ’ teaching children in London, Spain and South America, I’m passionate about brilliant storybooks.
Classics like The Hungry Caterpillar and Where the Wild Things Are, have a huge influence on my teaching and writing.
I’ve learnt a few things along the way reading with 1000’s of children from a massive range of backgrounds, about which books grab and hold attention and those which somehow don’t quite manage to.
With that experience and illustrations by Manu, who has illustrated for the London Coffee Festival and Anorak Childrens magazine, I’m sure you and your class will be delighted with CHOC
That said, I also know us teachers graft for our money, and don’t believe you should pay for things you are not 100% happy with. Take it for a test read and if for any reason you want to return it for 100% refund, no hoops to jump through or questions.