These activities are aimed at key stage 3 students. They could also be used as revision for GCSE students.
The pack contains GCSE foundation style questions including standard form, ratio, number work, fractions, algebra and much more. Answers are included.
Each round consists of four questions.
- Print the slides 8 to 13 on A4 paper and place one printed slide per table
- Put students into pairs (either by choice or teacher selection)
- Each are given a copy of slide 14 and a few sheets of pieces of A4 paper.
- The pairs are designated a starting table and the timer (slide 2) is started.
- The students are then given 5 minutes to answer the four questions on that table.
- Once the five minutes is up the students move clockwise to the next table and start the next set of four questions and the
timer of slide 3 is started.
- This continues until all students have completed each set of questions.
- The exercise should take no longer than 30 minutes
- At the end students remain at their final table and swap answer sheets with the nearest table.
- Go through each question with the class before revealing the answers.
- Finally, students ad up their score and the highest score gets a prize!
This exercise gives students a chance to try GCSE style foundation questions and see a demonstration on how they should be answered.