This resource package covers the content of the Cambridge Technical Level 3 HSC Unit 15 Promoting Health and Well-being to ensure students understand the full content of LO2. There are two assignments check list to guide students to achieve Pass, Merit or Distinction and ensure the inclusion of all required content. It contains SEVEN PowerPoint engaing presentations, activities to help understanding and application with a range of examples.
The below content is covered (and there is a lot!):-
2.1 Health promotion strategies, i.e.
• behaviour change models (e.g. health belief model, stages of
change model, social learning theory, theory of planned
behaviour, theory of reasoned action)
2.2 Design principles, i.e.
• information gathering/statistics
• consulting with appropriate agencies/organisations/people
• links to national campaigns
• setting objectives that are specific, measurable, realistic and
acknowledge the starting point of the target group/audience
• ethical issues (e.g. rights of individuals, rights of others, not
doing harm, confidentiality, being fair and equitable)
• approaches used
• pre-set criteria/outcome measures
• clear and accurate information communicated appropriately
• obtaining feedback from participants
2.3 Government papers/initiatives/legislation (e.g. Saving Lives, Our
Healthier Nation, Every Child Matters, Choosing Health, smoking
ban, food labelling, alcohol units, banning tobacco adverts)
2.4 National campaigns, i.e.
• physical activity (e.g. This Girl Can)
• diet (e.g. Change4Life)
• smoking (e.g. Smokefree)
• heart disease
• mental health
• alcohol (e.g. Drink Aware)
2.5 Targets (e.g. national, local)
2.6 The roles of professionals in promoting health and wellbeing, i.e.
• professionals (e.g. school nurses, midwives, dentists, dieticians,
• roles (e.g. education, advice and guidance, support)
2.7 Routines to support health and wellbeing (e.g. personal hygiene
(e.g. brushing teeth twice daily), general hygiene, healthy diet,
relaxation, exercise (e.g. attending the gym 3 times a week),
For more CTEC and BTEC Level 2/3, visit the HSCResources shop and see the full range with a handy search facility to cut down on time https://www.tes.com/teaching-resources/shop/HSCresources