Enquiry based resource which can be used over two lessons and form an assessment. Students will investigate evidence surrounding the moon landings in 1969 to decide if they were real or faked. Lesson can be deployed in a number of ways; a booklet can be made using the evidence or a carousel activity can be used. Students act as if they work for NASA and finally come to their own conclusion by writing a PEE paragraph which can be graded. This lesson is flexible and can be used to challenge any year group.
PowerPoint and resources are fully editable to suit all classes e.g. you can change the success criteria grades to suit your school.
- Analyse evidence related to the moon landings
- Construct an argument to answer the enquiry question
- Critical thinking starter which links to the plenary to clearly show progress over time
- Fully resourced and tested evidence packs
- Challenge tasks provided
- Success criteria for assessment
- Hyperlinked video on slide 5
- Questioning highlighted throughout PowerPoint
- Key historical skills- analysis and explanation