This is a detailed 172 page powerpoint resource I made for myself during my A-levels that helped me get an A*.
I added to it at the end of each lesson/topic, cross-referencing between my notes, the textbook, revision guides and most importantly each point of the specification ; I also updated it with any details from marks I’d missed on tests.
Great to go through to better understand topics, as print-outs for revision posters or to review entire modules for the exams or mocks.
It covers all topics for the NEW A-level OCR specification detailed below and at http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171720-specification-accredited-a-level-gce-chemistry-a-h432.pdf
• Knowledge of the required practicals and practical skills
• Atoms, compounds, molecules and equations Amount of substance
• Acid–base and redox reactions
• Electrons, bonding and structure
• The periodic table and periodicity
• Group 2 and the halogens
• Qualitative analysis
• Enthalpy changes
• Reaction rates and equilibrium (qualitative)
• Basic concepts
• Alcohols and haloalkanes
• Organic synthesis
• Analytical techniques (IR and MS)
• Reaction rates and equilibrium (quantitative) • pH and buffers
• Enthalpy, entropy and free energy
• Redox and electrode potentials
• Transition elements
• Aromatic compounds
• Carbonyl compounds
• Carboxylic acids and esters
• Nitrogen compounds Polymers
• Organic synthesis
• Chromatography and spectroscopy (NMR)
It's good to leave some feedback.
Something went wrong, please try again later.
I mean this is absolutely amazing... Thanks so much!!!!
You're very welcome! Thank you for leaving a review, put a smile on my face this morning and I am so pleased you are able to benefit from the resource!
An excellent resource! Definitely worth the money. Will be sharing this with my students.
Thank you so much! I hope they find it useful 😊
Fantastic resource - will be sharing with all my students
Amazing 🤩 thank you so much for your review!
For those wondering if this is worth the money, absolutely. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this, great resource.
So pleased to hear that - thank you so much!
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.