The Food Growing Schools: London partnership brings together the very best of London’s food growing expertise, information and support, with the ambition to inspire and equip every school in London to grow their own food.
Sowing Ideas. Growing Inspiration. Cultivating Futures.
Together, we’re cultivating young people’s love for learning and hunger for knowledge, and developing supportive local communities through food.
Sow it. Grow it. Share it! - Summer Term
A celebration of summer, sunshine and food growing in your school playground.
- Plant a seed, and watch your school garden grow.
- Then share a delicious home-grown lunch with your friends, school and community - on your very own School Summer Picnic Day!
- Learn how to grow, cook and prepare home-made dips, sandwiches, salads, and desserts - packed full of nature’s goodness. A picnic feast for the whole community.
Schools Summer Picnic prizes and freebies
Start growing for your summer picnic with free seeds!
- Download the Grow Your Own Picnic pack above then claim your free organic salad mix seeds by clicking here (for London schools only, while supplies last).
- Don’t forget to keep us posted on your growing progress this spring with photos and tweets using #GrowYourOwnPicnic @FoodGrowSchools for a chance to win great prizes including a £500 voucher to GardenSite.co.uk (look out for details in our June newsletter or check back on this page).
Would you also like a free Garden Organic Term Time Garden Planner to help you decide what to plant and when to plant it in time for the end of summer term?
- Complete our schools survey here and we’ll send one to your school.