GCSE GERMAN REVISION: 400 German adjectives reference book, with two alphabetical lists - German-English and English-German - it’s a comprehensive year-round reference resource, and my students find them really useful for exam revision, particularly for working at home - non-UK is roughly intermediate into advanced level.
I actually use reference books throughout my German programmes, not only as we approach exam time - they’re a really valuable reference resource for students, and I also use them for quick vocab quizzes at frequent and regular intervals - simply shout out the German or English adjective, the first team to shout out the correct answer wins a point - it’s a great vocab quiz for vocab recall practice and revision.
The topics/themes covered by these adjectives address all UK examination boards, and are a great guide for intermediate into advanced German in general.
A quick contents checklist of topics/themes:
- youth, identity & lifestyle
- culture, customs and traditions
- relationships and family
- technology and social media
- sport, health and fitness
- free time, hobbies and interests
- entertainment and leisure
- food and drink
- local, national & international global areas of interest
- Germany and German-speaking countries
- holidays, tourism and travel
- environment, pollution, recycling and climate
- social issues
- school, college, current and future study
- work experience, skills and personal qualities
- employment, ambitions and career plans
We use the Notes and Next Steps template to think about progress and recall - students find this really useful. I’ve also uploaded the German-English and English-German reference lists as separate booklets, priced at £2 each - I tend to give my students a variety of reference formats at particular times, and I’ve found that some students prefer either shorter or longer booklets, and some actually prefer to have both.
This booklet has 34 pages, and the format I prepare it in is double-sided photocopy, with with two staples down the left-hand side - most copy machines have that function.