All the plans and resources you need to teach six, one hour Spanish lessons to upper KS2 or KS3 on the topic of months of the year and birthdays. Students will learn numbers up to 31 in Spanish. They will learn the months of the year in Spanish and how to say when their birthday is. Students will sing happy birthday in Spanish, write a birthday card in Spanish and take a birthdays survey of their class.
Included in unit of work:
- Detailed medium term plan
- Los Meses del Año PowerPoint - includes everything needed to teach the topic, e.g. presentation of vocabulary (including sound files by a native speaker), games, activities etc.
- Los Meses del Año Activity Pack - includes front cover for new topic; writing numbers up to 30 in Spanish; numbers board game; ordering the months of the year; birthdays class survey.
- End of Unit Self-Assessment – students assess how well the have achieved the topic objectives.
Each lesson plan includes: activities to revise previous learning; new language activities; a main activity; plenary and consolidation activities to be completed during the week.
The plans are designed for non-specialist primary teachers or specialist teachers who are short on time.
The topic includes sound files of a native speaker and five games to practice the vocabulary.
The five games are:
- Matching - students match the numbers to the pictures.
- Picture splat - teacher says the number and two students compete to be the first to splat the picture.
- What’s missing - numbers disappear from the slide and students must say what has disappeared
- Quick flash - pictures are displayed momentarily. Students put their hand up and say what the picture is. Click again and the picture appears. Click a third time and the word in Spanish appears.
- Blockbusters – students complete to say the target vocabulary to cross from one side of the board to another.
Students will love learning Spanish with this fun topic! Teachers will love how much time they save!