This Mankind the Story of All of Us (2012) Survivors (E06) Documentary Movie Guide challenges students to analyze and digest historical concepts. Explore how salt made the Kingdom of Mali rich and how their gold financed the Renaissance. Compare the struggles bankers in Venice encountered with bankers today. Reflect on how Gutenberg’s printing press changed the production of books and how the proliferation of tablets, iPads and Kindles have changed the way people read.
**Teacher’s Notes: **
- The time stamps on this movie guide match up with the DVD version of these episodes, however if you have a different version of the film short descriptions of where to stop the film for each question are included.
- Many of these episodes can currently be found on YouTube, however, I do not own any of these YouTube channels and they may or may not be available in the future.
This resource consists of 8 high-level, short answer and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This product .zip file includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print version (3 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (3 pages)
*An answer key is included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters’ dialogue and behavior. See the preview for samples.
Is this movie guide worth it? Download two of my movie guides for free below:
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
* Pinterest - TeacherTravis
* Instagram - Teachers Travis
* Facebook - K12MovieGuides
* Twitter - K12MovieGuides
* Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides