A fun investigation for year P6, linking to the topic properties and changes of materials, which uses vitamin tablets and water as the fuel to make a rocket launch. Pupils will plan a fair test and record what happens.
This downloadable pack includes:
- A differentiated lesson plan which includes a scientific explanation.
- A PowerPoint presentation explaining how a rocket launches, as well as a quick teacher-led experiment.
- A printable group planning sheet.
- A rocket template to print.
- Three printable texts to use for guided reading, including an interview with astronaut Tim Peake.
Simple to resource! The items you will need:
- Tall, sturdy glass
- Tube of effervescent (fizzy) Vitamin tablets
Sign up at whizzpopbang.com/schools to access all of the teaching resources.