242 Page UPDATED phonics spelling and reading workbook! See video preview.
Based upon the teaching order in Jolly Phonics (but could be used alongside any phonics scheme) and using suggested words from the suggested word lists, - covering ALL 42 sounds in the English language.
Beginning with group 1 sounds, and logically and sequentially building to cover all blends, digraphs, trigraphs and dipthongs in English.
For each sound, blend, digraph, trigraph or diphthong there are 5 or 6 pages:
- Add the blend or digraph to the word and connect to the matching picture
- Clear clip-art (black and white - perfect for colouring) labeling page using 9 carefully chosen example words/clip-art
- followed by a fun read and draw page
- Write the blend or digraph and read the words with the aid of sound buttons and lines under each grapheme.
- Find, highlight and write the words containing each specific blend (or digraph, trigraph etc.)
- then a cloze page of decoadable sentences which have been carefully sequenced to progressively incorporate words that are consistent with the letters and corresponding phonemes that have been taught to the new reader/speller in previous pages of the book (plus sight words)
Could be made into a 242 page workbook, or of course individual pages can be printed off and photocopied.
(I have uploaded two versions of the book - the original 168 page standard version, and a 242 extended version)
Perfect for beginner readers and spellers.
Also great for EAL students to help build vocabulary alongside reading and spelling skills.
Made by an experienced phonics teacher, and used in real classrooms weekly.
Updated January 2019