Physical Descriptions in Spanish – Descripciones Físicas
Ten phrases for physical descriptions and five fun activities to practice understanding and pronunciation.
The ten phrases for phyisical descriptions are:
• ojos azules – blue eyes
• ojos verdes – green eyes
• ojos marrones – brown eyes
• ojos grises – grey eyes
• pelirojo/a – red head
• rubio/a – blond
• castaño/a – brunette
• moreno/a – dark haired
• alto/a – tall
• bajo/a – short
The slides also include translations and guidance on how to pronounce the words in Spanish for non specialist teachers.
The five activities are:
The six activities are:
- Matching - students match the words to the pictures.
- Picture splat - teacher says the target vocabulary and two students compete to be the first to splat the picture.
- What’s missing - numbers disappear from the slide and students say what has disappeared
- Quick flash - pictures are displayed momentarily. Students put their hand up and say what the picture is. Click again and the picture appears. Click a third time and the word in Spanish appears.
- Blockbusters – students complete to say the target vocabulary to cross from one side of the board to another.
Each game includes instructions and key phrases the teacher can use in Spanish.
The PowerPoint can be used repeatedly over a half term to teach and practice key vocabulary.