Lesson looking at Jewish attitudes to the sanctity of life and exploring the law of Pikuach Nefesh (you can break a law to save a life).
Lesson starts by looking at why Life is Sacred? The lesson then looks at sources of wisdom authority from the Torah, Tenakh and Talmud. Students my then apply the sources to situations (Pikuach Nefesh). The lesson ends with a b and d question.
- Starter slide (date/title, thinking task, flipped research homework)
- Retrieval Starter
- Key words - GCSE Specific
- Sharing Info
- A Exam Practice - with example
- Video with accompanying questions
- Sources of Wisdom - from exam spec
- Applied moral issues (slides on contaception/abortion and organ donation)
- True/False Learning Check
- B Exam Practice - with example
- D Exam Practice
- Exam Practice D Question
- Challenge Questions
- ‘Packaway’ Plenary
Feedback is always appreciated. Therefore if you leave a review we will send you a free resource as a show of our appreciation. To claim please send us an email AquinasED@gmail.com with your choice of resource and Tes account name.