This resource contains a PowerPoint lesson to support the delivery of the Year 2 Place Value - Autumn Term White Rose (WRM) ‘small steps’ programme. This PowerPoint is for Week 3.
The resource contains a fully editable and interactive 28-slide PowerPoint lesson that contains tasks and activities (pictorial and abstract) linked to the White Rose small steps with an emphasis on the mastery approach to learning advocated by the White Rose scheme and includes reasoning and problem-solving tasks.
The PowerPoint focuses on the following objectives and small steps:
Year 2 Maths’ National Curriculum Objectives
- Read and write numbers to at least 100 in numerals and in words.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a two digit number (tens, ones)
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations
- Count in steps of 2, 3 and 5 from 0
- Count in tens from any number, forward and backward.
White Rose Small Steps
- Order objects and numbers
-Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- Count in 3s
You may also be interested in an accompanying 20-page workbook and progress check which can be used alongside the PowerPoint.
Thinking of publishing your own resources? Check out this step-by-step guide How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide