A dominoes game with circuit symbols and descriptions, sketches and circuit diagrams of series and parallel circuits instead of numbers.
• Structure of plant and animal cells
• Differences between plant and animal cells
• Specialised cells
> Red blood cell
> Root hair cell
> Ciliated cell
> Fat cell
> Palisade cell
> Sperm cell
> Egg cell
> Nerve cell
What You Get
• 70 dominoes
• Animated PowerPoint explaining the rules and how to play.
Rules of the Game
• Each player selects seven dominoes from the top of the face-down pile and holds them in their hand like playing cards.
• The player whose surname begins with a letter closest to the letter A starts and play proceed in a clockwise direction.
• Dominoes can be matched exactly, or a name can be matched with a symbol or descriptions, sketches and circuit diagrams can be matched.
• If a player thinks a match is wrong they can challenge. If the challenger is correct, they give a card from their own hand to the challenged player. If the challenged player is correct, they give a card from their hand to the challenger.
• If a player cannot play a domino, they pick up from the face down pile and can play if possible or add it to their hand.
Fully resourced and differentiated lessons on cells and cell specialisation for KS3 are available.
Why not have a look at my shop?