Playing a Glockenspiel
Key Stage 1 and Lower Key Stage 2
Playing a Glockenspiel Unit 1 teaches pupils to play glockenspiels correctly, play together at the same time, play the scale of C major and perform simple tunes and songs using lettered score.
It can be delivered to a small group, or as many pupils as you have.
Minimum resources are required; you only need glockenspiels.
You do not have to have a musical background to teach it.
These resources will support your delivery of the National Curriculum for Music.
This unit focuses on Listening and Playing (National Curriculum for Music 2013). In addition, the activities aid development of a range of wider skills including focus, team-work, performing and coordination.
Pupils learn about the percussion family and glockenspiels, and are introduced to the musical terms scale, ascending and descending.
This pack includes;
• eight detailed lesson plans with numerous exercises to practise
(depending on the age and ability of your pupils, this may take longer)
• a power point presentation displaying the exercises, melodies and songs used
• a power point plenary quiz
• numerous hints, tips and advice to support your pupils in making progress
• a set of lettered scores.