• An introductory activity to check that students have the skills required to access this topic. This includes the substitution of values into a linear equation and then plotting the x and y value coordinates onto a graph.
• An investigation sheet, on which students will discover how the value of m and c in the equation y=mx+c affects the line graph.
• An activity where students will draw linear graphs from equations, and find equations from graphs.
• A cut and match activity where students can visually connect equations with real life scenarios.
• Challenge questions where students find gradients and y-intercepts when equations are not in the form y=mx+c, and the identificaion of parallel lines from equations only.
• A confidence checklist for students to assess whether they have grasped what they have learned in this pack.
A US version of this product is available in our US store here where notation is in US form (y=mx+b)
You may also like:
Rearranging Equations Card Game
Understanding and Manipulating Algebra Worksheets
Get this resource as part of a bundle and save up to 39%
A bundle is a package of resources grouped together to teach a particular topic, or a series of lessons, in one place.
Algebra GCSE revision Resources
This bundle contains a variety of different activities, games and worksheets to support GCSE revision. If bought independently, the ten resources would cost £34, but we are offering it for £19.99, a saving of over 40%. Included in this bundle are: \- Algebra Task Cards - 24 questions differentiated 4 ways on a variety of algebra topics from patterns, to writing and solving equations (solutions Included) \- Linear Equations Rummy Card Game (solutions included) \- Quadratic Rummy Card Game (solutions included) \- Rearranging Equations Race Card Game (Solutions Included) \- Substitution Bingo (Solutions Included) \- Combining Terms Follow Me Cards (Solutions Included) \- Solving Linear Equations Follow Me Cards (Solutions Included) \- Straight Line Graphs Worksheets (Solutions Included) \- Patterns and Sequences Worksheets for practising sequences and nth term. A final sheet offers a challenge for the new higher paper of the 9-1 GCSE. (Solutions Included) \- Manipulating Algebra Worksheets for practising combining terms, substitution and factorising & expanding brackets. (Solutions Included). Also included for your convenience are three of our free items - our free task card sampler (providing a further 8 questions, 32 cards), simplifying terms card game, and posters on straight line graphs.
Grabbed this as part of a wider bundle - very useful resource. Would thoroughly recommend.
Great complete resource pack for straight line graphs! Complete with instructions, solutions and a range of differentiated worksheets, professional presented throughout and no-prep ready to go! Thank you, this is perfect for my class
Professionally presented and thorough. I especially liked the two differentiated versions of the final section, just in case students needed a little extra help. Thank you
Report this resourceto let us know if it violates our terms and conditions.
Our customer service team will review your report and will be in touch.