The Tes Guide to Your First Year In Teaching is the definitive handbook to your NQT year.
It will equip you with all you need to know for your first year on the job, with informative articles planned and written by experienced teachers – just for you! The guide will help you thrive in those exciting first 12 months, with all the answers, research and tips you need to be the best teacher you can be.
- What to expect in your NQT year and how to deal with common problems – by school leader Mark Roberts
- A fail safe way to learn 30 names in 5 minutes – by Jo Baker
- How to make your planning more efficient – by Department head Rebecca Foster
- Pedagogy – get the right balance between research and your natural style – by research lead Megan Dixon
- Retrieval practice – why you should think of it as your handbag – by headteacher Clare Sealey
- The psychology behind good behaviour management – by executive headteacher Jarlath O’Brien
- What I wish I had known about research and marking – by research lead Mark Enser
- A brief guide to dealing with parents – by Tes columnist Nancy Gedge
- How to use your Sendco wisely – by Tes columnist Gemma Corby
- The art of a good explanation – by head of department Emily Seeber
- How to use research to help you improve and find answers – by research lead Megan Mansworth