Three powerpoint Lessons on the literary devices of similes and metaphors, personification and alliteration.
1. Similes and Metaphors PowerPoint
This resource contains a 37 slide powerpoint on the literary devices of similes and metaphors
1. Explanation and definition of simile and metaphors.
2. Why they are used.
3. Examples of similes and metaphors from poetry and literature - I Wandered Lonely As a Cloud (William Wordsworth), The Ancient Mariner (Samuel Taylor Coleridge), The Highwayman (Alfred Noyes), My luv is like a red, red rose ( Robert Burns) and the Bible.
4. The difference between similes and metaphors.
5. Images to stimulate students to compose their own similes and metaphors.
2. Personification PowerPoint
This resource contains a 25 slide powerpoint on the literary device of 'personification'.
The content includes
1. An explanation and definition of personification and its use in the production of figurative language.
2. Why it is used.
3. Examples of personification from poetry and literature - I wandered Lonely As a Cloud, The Ancient Mariner, Snow and Snow, The Fog, The Eight-Story Kiss
4. Images for students to compose their own writing containing personification.
3. Alliteration PowerPoint
This resource is a 40 slide PowerPoint on the literary/poetic device of alliteration.
It contains an explanation of alliteration and many examples
- from literature - (Harry Potter)
- poetry ( The Highwayman, The Listeners, Kubla Khan, Cargoes, Sea Fever, The Ancient Mariner)
-the commercial world
- in speeches
For more inspiring educational resources visit Inspire and Educate
Thinking of publishing your own resources or already an author and want to improve your resources and sales? Check out this 'must have' step by step guide.
How to Become a Successful TES Author: Step by Step Guide
To be kept informed of new resources click here and follow!